section has two pages. Click on the pdf icon at left if you do not have
an activity sheet for this section.
A - Ozone Eaters
here to go to the TWENTY
- How is ozone distributed in the atmosphere?
- What is the "ozone hole?"
- Besides CFCs, what other molecules destroy ozone?
B - Proof of Damage
here to go to the EVIDENCE
- As the concentration of chlorine rises, what happens to the concentration
C - Natural vs. Artificial
here to go to the CHLORINE
- Since nature makes compounds that have chlorine in them, why haven't
we had an ozone hole before now? What is it about some human-made chlorine
compounds that makes them harmful to the ozone layer?
- What percent of the chlorine in the stratosphere comes exclusively
from human sources?